Fosdem 2014

Gerard G.
Hello everyone

Just wanted to know if Ubuntu was represented at Fosdem this year and if
so who would be in charge?

Re: Fosdem 2014

Mimor
Hi Sulumar,

There has, as far as I know, not been a call for volunteers yet, what makes me suspect this'll be a year off.
If I am mistaken, and there will be a booth, please correct me.
As previous years, i'll be happy to lend a hand.

How many of you will be at Fosdem?

- Mike

On 26 Jan 2014, at 22:24, sulumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Just wanted to know if Ubuntu was represented at Fosdem this year and if
> so who would be in charge?

Re: Fosdem 2014

jurgen.gaeremyn-2
Heya,

I'm going to FOSDEM, but I'm volunteering for FOSDEM.

Grtz,
Jurgen.

Re: Fosdem 2014

Jan Claeys
On di, 2014-01-28 at 20:59 +0100, Mike Morraye wrote:
> There has, as far as I know, not been a call for volunteers yet, what
> makes me suspect this'll be a year off.
> If I am mistaken, and there will be a booth, please correct me.
> As previous years, i'll be happy to lend a hand.

Last year I said it was the last year I would organize it, and this year
somebody else would have to take over.  Apparently nobody did...

> How many of you will be at Fosdem?

I will be there.

--
Jan Claeys

Re: Fosdem 2014

Mimor
That's too bad... :(
I'd like to thank you for all the previous years you've been pulling the FOSDEM booth (and all the other ubuntu-be stuff)!

If next year no-one stands takes up this role, we might check with the French or Dutch loco-teams to organise the FOSDEM booth.

- Mike

On 30 Jan 2014, at 16:39, Jan Claeys (Ubuntu) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On di, 2014-01-28 at 20:59 +0100, Mike Morraye wrote:
>> There has, as far as I know, not been a call for volunteers yet, what
>> makes me suspect this'll be a year off.
>> If I am mistaken, and there will be a booth, please correct me.
>> As previous years, i'll be happy to lend a hand.
>
> Last year I said it was the last year I would organize it, and this year
> somebody else would have to take over.  Apparently nobody did...
>

>> How many of you will be at Fosdem?
>
> I will be there.
>

> --
> Jan Claeys

Re: Fosdem 2014

Gerard G.

2 years ago we worked with the frenche. I dont know if i still have his mail.

In previouse years there was a thing called the Ubuntu dinner. I know we wont be able to pull that off without a booth but i think i could be fun to go grab something to eat together on saturday evening after fosdem closes.

Inscriptions and restaurant suggestions to me and i ll try and make reservations on saturday.

Greets
Sulu

[...]

Mark Van den Borre

Fosdem organiser here (and former ubuntu-be.org team lead). Coming to
FOSDEM? You may want to help out.

https://volunteers.fosdem.org

Mark

P.S. Booths had to be requested several weeks ago. None available anymore.

2014-01-30 Mike Morraye <[hidden email]>:

> That's too bad... :(
> I'd like to thank you for all the previous years you've been pulling the FOSDEM booth (and all the other ubuntu-be stuff)!
>
> If next year no-one stands takes up this role, we might check with the French or Dutch loco-teams to organise the FOSDEM booth.
>
> - Mike
>
> On 30 Jan 2014, at 16:39, Jan Claeys (Ubuntu) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On di, 2014-01-28 at 20:59 +0100, Mike Morraye wrote:
>>> There has, as far as I know, not been a call for volunteers yet, what
>>> makes me suspect this'll be a year off.
>>> If I am mistaken, and there will be a booth, please correct me.
>>> As previous years, i'll be happy to lend a hand.
>>
>> Last year I said it was the last year I would organize it, and this year
>> somebody else would have to take over.  Apparently nobody did...
>>

>>> How many of you will be at Fosdem?
>>
>> I will be there.
>>

>> --
>> Jan Claeys
>>

>> --

Mark Van den Borre
Hogestraat 16
3000 Leuven, Belgiƫ
+32 486 961726

Re: Fosdem 2014

Jan Claeys
On do, 2014-01-30 at 18:23 +0100, DrSilk wrote:
> In previouse years there was a thing called the Ubuntu dinner. I know
> we wont be able to pull that off without a booth but i think i could
> be fun to go grab something to eat together on saturday evening after
> fosdem closes.

I (might) have some trouble eating with the abscess caused by a bad
tooth right now (also depends on how fast all the drugs I am taking
work ;) ), but I would still be fine to go with you all.  If necessary I
can get soup or something "soft" or the like...

I will also have an Ubuntu California member with me.

> Inscriptions and restaurant suggestions to me and i ll try and make
> reservations on saturday.

If we are a small group, we might be able to find food without making
reservations too.

--
Jan Claeys