[Fwd: [FOSDEM] Call for participation: lightning talks and stands]
In case anybody wants to organise an Ubuntu booth...
We now invite proposals for lightning talks and stands.
There is still time to submit main track presentations. The deadline for
proposing developer rooms has now passed. Please see our previous call
for participation for more information on submitting main track
Lighting talks are short — 15 minutes — talks on a wide variety of
topics. Anyone who has something interesting to say about an open source
topic can apply. We particularly encourage topics that do not fit in any
of the developer rooms.
Proposals for lightning talks should be submitted using Pentabarf:
FOSDEM offers open source projects the opportunity to display their work
during the event. At their stand, a project can share information, demo
software, sell merchandise, give away goodies, and so on, and personally
interact with the visitors.
What we offer:
- one 180x80cm table, positioned in one of the buildings with developer
rooms, for the entire duration of the conference. In some cases, a
second table may be possible, if you have a good reason to need two.
- two chairs per table
- one power socket type C/E (if you require adapters or additional
sockets, please bring them yourself)
- fast uplink shared wireless Internet access
Further practical considerations:
- The offer for stands is open to open source projects and communities
- There is no cost or fee for the stands
- The stand should be occupied by at least two people for the duration
of the conference.
Send your request via email to [hidden email]. Please include at
least the following information:
- Project name
- Stand description
- Project URLs
- Your name and relation to the project
- Why should FOSDEM accept this proposal?
- Optionally, if requesting two tables, motivation for the second table
- 1 October
* deadline for main track proposals
* accepted developer rooms announced
- 20 November
* deadline for stands and lightning talks
- 15 December
* accepted stands and lightning talks announced
Re: [Fwd: [FOSDEM] Call for participation: lightning talks and stands]
Perhaps we can contact the loco's of NL and/or FR to help out.
The FR loco com is huge!
On 01/10/14 09:40, Merlijn Sebrechts wrote:
> I can sit at the booth most of the time, but I don't have time to make
> it happen, since it's the day after my last exam. Anyone have time to
> make it happen?
> 2014-09-30 21:02 GMT+02:00 Jurgen Gaeremyn <[hidden email] > <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> If someone makes it happen, I can take a shift... otherwise, I'll be
> volunteering for the FOSDEM crew.
> On 29-09-14 04:22, Jan Claeys (Ubuntu) wrote:
> > In case anybody wants to organise an Ubuntu booth...
> > Mvg,
> ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:[hidden email] > <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be >