Fwd: ubuntu-be.org down

Mike Morraye-2
FYI
Once I get the image, I'll try to set up a (still have to check if possible to make permanent) mirror.
Still have a problem figuring out who's in control of the domain name.

Also, I will not create the mirror on an US accessible host!

Cheers!

- Mimor

Begin forwarded message:

From: Loic Dachary <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: ubuntu-be.org down
Date: 17 Sep 2013 17:04:20 GMT+02:00
To: Mike Morraye <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I've had no news from ubuntu-be for a very long time, I guess that's why the machine was decomissionned. I'll provide you with a backup of the machine image later today.

Cheers

On 17/09/2013 16:53, Mike Morraye wrote:
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right address to direct this question to;
but it seems that the ubuntu-be.org <http://ubuntu-be.org> website has gone down for an unknown reason.

It points to the IP:* 86.65.39.1*
Which has PTR: *cmd1.fsffrance.org <http://cmd1.fsffrance.org>*
Now it seems like this host is down.
I'm not aware if this is the host that should proxy the traffic, or the one actually hosting the website.
From the whois info from this IP range, I came to this email address.

Could you help me search me out, or provide me with the right contact information to the person able to solve this?
(The ubuntu-be mailinglist had this issue posted, but without a reply from an admin) :(

Kind regards in advance,

Mike Morraye
(+032) 0485 12 11 99

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.

Re: Fwd: ubuntu-be.org down

martijn cielen-2
The whois info states that Canonical is the owner.
Nameservers are NS1, NS2 and NS3.canonical.com.

dig says ubuntu-be.org is 86.65.39.1, which according to whois is owned by FSF, and hosted in France.

Regards,

Martijn

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Mike Morraye <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI
Once I get the image, I'll try to set up a (still have to check if possible to make permanent) mirror.
Still have a problem figuring out who's in control of the domain name.

Also, I will not create the mirror on an US accessible host!

Cheers!

- Mimor

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Fwd: ubuntu-be.org down

Mike Morraye-2
Last night, I got a hold of the disk image.
They can't boot the vm again, as the resources have been reallocated.
I've also been in touch with Canonical about the domain name, also this shouldn't be a problem.
Things are moving forward.
I'm awaiting word from JanC for his input, and will continue to prepare to set a new host up.

 - Mike