Nabble forum scheduled for deletion

mongolito404
Administrator
Hi,

today I received a mail from Nabble to warn about the scheduled deletion of the Ubuntu-be forum. For those who didn't follow, Nabble is the service that provide a forum like web interface for this mailing list. The deletion has been scheduled because the Nabble web interface is not used to post content to the mailing list.

Nabble was configured for the mailing list in the hope to get more people to participate by providing a simpler interface. It was not perfect but it didn't cost much time. It didn't work. The deletion of the forum is a direct result of this. I'll take no action t prevent this deletion from happening. After the deletion, the "forum" page will be removed from the website.

PS: I don't think it means that a forum will not help to get more people to participate. It only proves that the Nabble powered one didn't.

--
Pierre

Re: Nabble forum scheduled for deletion

steven leeman-3
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Pierre Buyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> today I received a mail from Nabble to warn about the scheduled deletion of
> the Ubuntu-be forum. For those who didn't follow, Nabble is the service that
> provide a forum like web interface for this mailing list. The deletion has
> been scheduled because the Nabble web interface is not used to post content
> to the mailing list.
> Nabble was configured for the mailing list in the hope to get more people to
> participate by providing a simpler interface. It was not perfect but it
> didn't cost much time. It didn't work. The deletion of the forum is a direct
> result of this. I'll take no action t prevent this deletion from happening.
> After the deletion, the "forum" page will be removed from the website.
> PS: I don't think it means that a forum will not help to get more people to
> participate. It only proves that the Nabble powered one didn't.

I only visited that nabble powered forum once...
but indeed ... i never used it to post on it :-/

Re: Nabble forum scheduled for deletion

Cedric Janssens
An advantage of the forum, is when googling some infos, like dipro
fairs, I found the mailing list as a good result :)

Regards
CJ