Re: Proposal for printing new posters for Ubuntu-be

Re: Proposal for printing new posters for Ubuntu-be

François Cauwe
Hello Everybody,

I would like to point out that the old Poster was already payed before
we made them,
This means, we sold 250 for 60€ to several people, and also sold before
the start already almost 2000 of them.
Please look for buyers before you start to print.

François

jean7491 schreef:

> Steven,
>
> Here again the posters we are debating about:
>
> - the old one ("de weg naar de vrijheid", buy 4000 posters, 653.4€ on
> 16/02/2008, see details in http://ubuntu-be.org/fr/node/17, remaining
> 1500 ex., no reference to Ubuntu-be),
>
> - and the new proposed one (first time in mailing list on 15/05/2009,
> and again 15/06/2009, 250 ex. for 150€).
>
> About eventual legal objection on the proposed poster (we are debating
> about this poster since 15/05/2009), the original english version "Is
> windows holding your PC back?" -
> http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/en/node/114 - has been modified and
> the used screen (XP look-alike) is not a direct reference to Microsoft
> Windows, we could use the death blue screen with the same effect.
>
> The aim of the poster is not to mock Windows but to be an eye-catcher
> for the public in computer fairs, and to show an alternative : once
> the contact established, the argumentation is mainly about the
> advantage  of Ubuntu (no "bad Windows").
>
> Additionally, I want to stress the need for assistance and support for
> volunteers in Dipro computer fairs.
>
> --
> Jean
> /Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
>

> /

Re: Proposal for printing new posters for Ubuntu-be

jean7491
Hi to all,

My point of view about posters is different : I consider posters as a support for the promotion of Ubuntu in places like fairs, public events, and other activities.
The aim is to present an eye-catcher  for the public  passing by a booth, facilitating contacts.
The decoration of a booth requires several posters of different designs (old + new).
For this reason, we need additional posters, but only a small amount of  posters (250 ex. see below), but more often new  models.
If additionally we can sell posters, that's better !    But we don't need buyers before to start printing.

About timing, we need (old and new) posters and flyers for the Dipro fairs in september : I hope a clear decision from the treasurer on this matter within the next 10 days, before introducing the order.

Jean

jean7491 schreef:

[...]

I don't disagree that you should print new ones, it's good to have
different things.

BUT maybe you can find people that what to buy a large amount of them,
which reduces the price for everybody.
I remember that the first 250 were the most expencive ones, trying to
print more would not be a bat idea.
You could do preorders starting from now for 10 days, and maybe you can
make a financial zero opperation like last time?
If you don't try, you wont know! If you want to do make it happen, it's
important to poke people personally to get a better response :)

I think the money mather is detail, you last mail got *enough positive
response to go ahead* imho.
But _I would still ask around to see if nobody is interested to buy  a
large amount_ (like 100/250)? Maybe some people want to distribute them?
I remember that we sold a package of 250 on fosdem the first year.

We also put no reference on purpose, so we could exchange the with our
ubuntu-nl collegeas, it is up to you to see what's best.

good luck!

François

jean7491 schreef:

> Hi to all,
>
> My point of view about posters is different : I consider posters as a
> support for the promotion of Ubuntu in places like fairs, public
> events, and other activities.
> The aim is to present an eye-catcher  for the public  passing by a
> booth, facilitating contacts.
> The decoration of a booth requires several posters of different
> designs (old + new).
> For this reason, we need additional posters, but only a small amount
> of  posters (250 ex. see below), but more often new  models.
> If additionally we can sell posters, that's better !    But we don't
> need buyers before to start printing.
>
> About timing, we need (old and new) posters and flyers for the Dipro
> fairs in september : I hope a clear decision from the treasurer on
> this matter within the next 10 days, before introducing the order.
>
> Jean
>
> François Cauwe a écrit :
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> I would like to point out that the old Poster was already payed before
>> we made them,
>> This means, we sold 250 for 60€ to several people, and also sold before
>> the start already almost 2000 of them.
>> Please look for buyers before you start to print.
>>
>> François
>>

>> jean7491 schreef:
>>
>>> Steven,
>>>
>>> Here again the posters we are debating about:
>>>
>>> - the old one ("de weg naar de vrijheid", buy 4000 posters, 653.4€ on
>>> 16/02/2008, see details in http://ubuntu-be.org/fr/node/17, remaining
>>> 1500 ex., no reference to Ubuntu-be),
>>>
>>> - and the new proposed one (first time in mailing list on 15/05/2009,
>>> and again 15/06/2009, 250 ex. for 150€).
>>>
>>> About eventual legal objection on the proposed poster (we are debating
>>> about this poster since 15/05/2009), the original english version "Is
>>> windows holding your PC back?" -
>>> http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/en/node/114 - has been modified and
>>> the used screen (XP look-alike) is not a direct reference to Microsoft
>>> Windows, we could use the death blue screen with the same effect.
>>>
>>> The aim of the poster is not to mock Windows but to be an eye-catcher
>>> for the public in computer fairs, and to show an alternative : once
>>> the contact established, the argumentation is mainly about the
>>> advantage  of Ubuntu (no "bad Windows").
>>>
>>> Additionally, I want to stress the need for assistance and support for
>>> volunteers in Dipro computer fairs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean
>>> /Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

Pre-orders for new posters Ubuntu-be

jean7491
Hi to all,

As suggested by François, I come back with the proposal of pre-orders for the new posters (model (dutch) below): the idea is to increase the amount of ordered posters for a lower price/piece.

If we order 250 ex., the (sell) price for 1 poster will be 1,50 euro, for a pre-order of 10 to 30 pieces, decreasing for more.

For a global order of 1000 ex., the price for 1 poster will be reduced (0,75 euro for 10 to 30, decreasing for more posters), but we need much more pre-orders.

Please let me know (before 10/08/2009) how many posters A2-Nl you are willing to (pre-)order posters with a minimum of 10 !

Exact price will be determined by the volume of the order. If enough pre-orders, we can order 500, 750, 1000 posters, or more ...

If there is a need for the French version of the poster, it is also possible if enough pre-orders.
--
Jean
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team