Reach out to the kids

Just think about a Raspberry Pi costing less than a new pair of jeans! Today I read through an article in the Guardian which I believe is very true and offers a real opportunity for Linux as a whole, and aspecially for Ubuntu.

There will be lots of interesting discussions about the key concepts that students will need to understand, but here's one possible list for starters. Kids need to know about: algorithms (the mathematical recipes that make up programs); cryptography (how confidential information is protected on the net); machine intelligence (how services such as YouTube, NetFlix, Google and Amazon predict your preferences); computational biology (how the genetic code works); search (how we find needles in a billion haystacks); recursion (a method where the solution to a problem depends on solutions to smaller instances of the same problem); and heuristics (experience-based techniques for problem-solving, learning, and discovery).

It still seems far away, but it could be heading our way @ lightspeed.

Anyone already played with it: http://www.raspberrypi.org/
Still waiting to get one in my hands, patiently.

Lots of ubuntu to all!