System76 alternative in Belgium

Kompjoeterpetoeter
Been a Mac user for 14 years but have been experimenting with Linux for some time now. I'll probably be switching quite soon but I'm looking for a laptop that will fill all my linux needs.
Most brands like Dell, HP or Asus always show some kind of problem with linux, but I've discovered System76, computers that are built for linux.

I know they ship from the US to Belgium but I'm not too keen on buying a computer in the US. Don't know if anyone here knows if there's an equivalent brand to System 76 in Belgium (or Holland or France) ?

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Elboully

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Wouter Vandenneucker-2
I've got a Dell XPS13 Ubuntu Developers Edition (MLK) now.. Great machine, really love it.

Quite pricey though.. But it's a beast...

Grts

Wouter

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Mimor
Wouter,

Did you got the XPS from the BE dell website, or did you import it?
Their website was not clear whether the BE part sold the latest model, or still the previous model.

- Mike

On 08 Jan 2014, at 14:25, Wouter Vandenneucker <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've got a Dell XPS13 Ubuntu Developers Edition (MLK) now.. Great machine,
really love it.

Quite pricey though.. But it's a beast...

Grts

Wouter

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Wouter Vandenneucker-2
I bought mine from the BE store, but there has been a change. My model (july) had 256GB or ssd memory.
IIRC the newest model has 512GB ssd. The price however did increase with 100€ just for that...

I know BTO but I'm not really sure about the quality. Have you got one yourself or do you know someone who does ?

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Mimor
Looks like they have both the editions:
XPS 13 ULT Laptop:
XPS 13-9333:

CPU went from I7-4500U to i7-4650U
Got a different graphics chip?
But the same 256GB SSD.

And a nice pricetag :)
I'm looking to buy one of those second hand... without luck so far.
(or any other 13" ultrabook with an SSD and fairly decent linux compat)

- Mike

wrote:

I've got a Dell XPS13 Ubuntu Developers Edition (MLK) now.. Great machine,
really love it.

Quite pricey though.. But it's a beast...

Grts

Wouter

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Duray Pol
Le 08/01/2014 13:30, Kompjoeterpetoeter a écrit :

> Been a Mac user for 14 years but have been experimenting with Linux for some
> time now. I'll probably be switching quite soon but I'm looking for a laptop
> that will fill all my linux needs.
> Most brands like Dell, HP or Asus always show some kind of problem with
> linux, but I've discovered System76, computers that are built for linux.
>
> I know they ship from the US to Belgium but I'm not too keen on buying a
> computer in the US. Don't know if anyone here knows if there's an equivalent
> brand to System 76 in Belgium (or Holland or France) ?

If you wont a good laptop, you can buy a "CLEVO". These laptop are
specially tested for UBUNTU.

wrote:

I've got a Dell XPS13 Ubuntu Developers Edition (MLK) now.. Great machine,
really love it.

Quite pricey though.. But it's a beast...

Grts

Wouter

2014/1/8 tom verlinden <[hidden email]>

Personnely I use a CLEVO from many years and I don't have any problem's You can buy it on the net or in belgium

Re: System76 alternative in Belgium

Ward De Ridder-2
You can also take a look at this:
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/desktop/

officialy certificated computers & laptops by ubuntu, they should work.
I'd reccomend Lenovo (IBM) Thinkpad, great indestructable laptop computers!

I have had more problems with a clevo laptop (Tones branded), especially the video card (Nvidia Optimus)

Ward