can ubuntu-be be reanimated

ubuntushop
Not much activity anymore on ubuntu-be.
Can it be reanimated now ubuntu becomes widely used in schools,companies and private persons?

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

Jan Bongaerts
What it needs is someone that has the time, the skill and the will to make it active again.

For the community to work, you'd need
a) someone to organise it, that has the time to coordinate it all
b) access to the bank account.
c) a skilled person with enough time to maintain the site.

I am still officially the contact for the community, but since I do not have b) or c), I am not able to approach any press or other media to promote the idea.

Cheers,
Jan.

On 24 November 2015 at 19:31, ubuntushop <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not much activity anymore on ubuntu-be.
Can it be reanimated now ubuntu becomes widely used in schools,companies and
private persons?

Have you tried Ubuntu Linux yet?
Check out http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/ and find out why it is a better option than trying to upgrade your hardware to accommodate a newer version of your current system.

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

Merlijn Sebrechts
I can put a basic site up. Throw away the current site and put a simple Wordpress blog with an orange skin. A few links, contact info and that's it.

I can also help during events. I would like to have an Ubuntu booth at Fosdem, I'm willing to man the booth. I do not have enough time to organize everything, but I am willing to assist if somebody else takes the lead.

I thought Jan had access to the bank account? What is the problem with the account?

Kind regards
Merlijn Sebrechts

[...]

Mimor
If you need me to do something on the Server or DNS level (for ubuntu-be.org), just ask.
(but don't ask me for anything about the domain ubuntu.be, it does not belong to me, and mails to it's owner have never been answered).

I don't have any spare time of A,B or C.
There was an *event box* (more like antique-box) at the hackerspace in Ghent.

- Mimor

On 03/12/15 11:29, Merlijn Sebrechts wrote:
[...]

Frank Neirynck
Hello all,

As before, I am willing to help during events and assist (a limited amount of time at many things) ...
Writing, translating, ... for website: no problem.

Kind regards,

Frank Neirynck

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

WhiteSpace
Hello all,

same as Frank, i too can help in writing and / or translating.

I've probably got some spare time to help out on events. (If planned well ahead, that is).

Good to see something's moving... :-)

Op 03-12-15 om 17:04 schreef Frank Neirynck:
Hello all,

As before, I am willing to help during events and assist (a limited amount of time at many things) ...
Writing, translating, ... for website: no problem.

Kind regards,

Frank Neirynck

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

Willem van gansen
I am willing to help with building the website.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

Alain Baudrez
Every first saterday of the month you can find me in our Linux Café in Brugge.

If there are topics regarding Ubuntu that are worth discussing, just mention it to me. I will integrate those in the program of the day.

I've already planned a special about Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for our meeting in the month of May.

More info : http://www.vormingplus-brugge.be/linux-café-2 : Program tomorrow is PlayOnLinux & Wine

I am willing to help with building the website.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

Nicolas Pettiaux-3

Le 2015-12-04 14:14, Alain Baudrez a écrit :

Every first saterday of the month you can find me in our Linux Café in Brugge.

If there are topics regarding Ubuntu that are worth discussing, just mention it to me. I will integrate those in the program of the day.

I've already planned a special about Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for our meeting in the month of May.

More info : http://www.vormingplus-brugge.be/linux-café-2 : Program tomorrow is PlayOnLinux & Wine

more than 6 people have answered this thread. This is more than enough to be a team to relaunch a really collaborative website for ubuntu-be and a community.

Please consider a way that simplify the collaboration (eg edit the website with jekyll or nikola or pelican on github)

Regards,

Nicolas pettiaux (brussels)
--
Nicolas Pettiaux, phd  - [hidden email]
Dans une société libre, la connaissance est librement accessible à tous

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

linux-service.be bvba

We have a server at leaseweb if you need space.

We can give financial support if needed.

guy

Op vrijdag 4 december 2015 06:43:46 schreef u:

> Le 2015-12-04 14:14, Alain Baudrez a écrit :

> > Every first saterday of the month you can find me in our Linux Café in Brugge.

> > If there are topics regarding Ubuntu that are worth discussing, just mention it to me. I will integrate those in the program of the day.

> > I've already planned a special about Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for our meeting in the month of May.

> > More info : http://www.vormingplus-brugge.be/linux-café-2 [1] : Program tomorrow is PlayOnLinux & Wine

> more than 6 people have answered this thread. This is more than enough

> to be a team to relaunch a really collaborative website for ubuntu-be

> and a community.

> Please consider a way that simplify the collaboration (eg edit the

> website with jekyll or nikola or pelican on github)

> Regards,

> Nicolas pettiaux (brussels)

Re: can ubuntu-be be reanimated

Mimor